Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 1996 15:20:05 +0200 (GMT)
From:      Robin Lunn <robin@is.co.za>
To:        cc@tuna.dolphinet.co.uk (Charlie Conklin)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quotas

Charlie Conklin wrote:
> Is anyone out there using quotas succesfully. I have seen some comments
> to the effect that they are a bit buggy, and make the system unstable.
> Has anyone had bad (or good!) experiences with them?

Hi there,

I've had good experience with quotas under FreeBSD and find that it
doesn't affect system stability at all.  (200+ users on rucus.ru.ac.za)

Only bad experience is wanting to quota the root fs which causes the
machine to hang after a minute or two.  The developers know about this
and mentioned something about needing a hierarchical lock manager.  I
don't think this is fixed yet, but may be wrong.

--
_ __                  | Only my ideas here unless I say otherwise...
' )  )     /          | (BeamJack@IRC)