Date:      Sun, 13 May 2001 12:15:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex Varju <alex@varju.bc.ca>
To:        "Michael O'Henly" <michael@tenzo.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: jpilot-0.99_2

On Sat, 12 May 2001, Michael O'Henly wrote:
> 1. The first time I ran it, it was using a grey background (which is what I
> want). The second time, although I didn't select a different background, it
> switched to a really grotty purple. Each of the provided jpilotrc.[colour]
> files is displayed in the Prefs menu controlling background colour, so I know
> jpilot is seeing them -- but I can't switch to anything other than purple!
>
> I've tried copying the jpilotrc.[colour] files into my ./jpilot directory and
> I've tried changing ownership and permissions on these files in the share
> directory.

You should be able to go to File -> Preferences -> Settings and choose a
GTK colors file from the dropdown list.  I would guess that the
jpilotrc.default colour scheme is what you were using.

> 2.  Installing from the port puts jpilot's files into an odd location:
> /usr/local/pilot
>
> Why would the install not place jpilot's stuff in the existing /usr/local
> hierarchy? Like so:

This seems to be the convention for the pilot ports ... they all install
into /usr/local/pilot.  Maybe somebody else could comment in more detail.

Alex.