Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 2008 03:41:17 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, david@esn.org.za
Subject:   Re: Problem with dump stalling

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 11:06:04AM +0100, Pete French wrote:
> > Did you do the following before running csup on the supfile with
> > the RELENG_7 tag?
> >
> > rm -fr /usr/src/*
> > rm -fr /var/db/sup/src-all
>
> This is the second time I have seen this mentioned, but on none
> of the machines that I csup on do I haave a "/var/db/sup" at all.
> Is this a hangover from cvsup and not necessary for csup ?

No.  cvsup (in the base system) stores in /usr/sup.  Here, let me make
an outline tree:

 csup (in base system): stores CVS data in /var/db/sup
cvsup (in ports system): stores CVS data in /usr/sup
 csup (in ports): not sure where it stores the CVS data

All of this assumes the user DOES NOT override the defaults.

Further proof:

$ which csup
/usr/bin/csup
$ ls -l /var/db/sup
total 4
drwxr-xr-x    2 root      wheel     512  2 Oct 01:38 ports-all/
drwxr-xr-x    2 root      wheel     512  8 Oct 01:33 src-all/