Date:      Wed, 08 Jun 2011 04:11:04 +0300
From:      "Vladislav V. Prodan" <universite@ukr.net>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to import raidz2, if only one disk is missing?

03.06.2011 23:36, Vladislav V. Prodan wrote:
> 03.06.2011 20:39, Vladislav V. Prodan wrote:
>> I put a new HDD to 2 terabytes, but the pool does not see gpt/disk3 :(
> how to properly set the LABEL [0-4]?

Updated 8.2-STABLE, when there added ZFS v28

During the import did not work neither of the commands zfs or zpool.
Because of this, suffered all the zfs pools on this server.

# zpool import -fFX tank
Pool tank returned to its state as of понедельник, 23 мая 2011 г. 18:02:15.
Discarded approximately 401 minutes of transactions.

Problem #1
lost connection in the pool for gpt label

# zpool status tank
   pool: tank
  state: DEGRADED
status: One or more devices has been taken offline by the administrator.
         Sufficient replicas exist for the pool to continue functioning in a
         degraded state.
action: Online the device using 'zpool online' or replace the device with
         'zpool replace'.
  scan: none requested
config:

         NAME                     STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
         tank                     DEGRADED     0     0     0
           raidz2-0               DEGRADED     0     0     0
             ad8p1                ONLINE       0     0     0
             ad12p1               ONLINE       0     0     0
             ad16p1               ONLINE       0     0     0
             8811702962298963660  OFFLINE      0     0     0  was
/dev/gpt/disk3
             ad14p1               ONLINE       0     0     0
             ad18p1               ONLINE       0     0     0

Problem #2
Low speed command "zpool scrub tank"

# zpool status tank
   pool: tank
  state: DEGRADED
status: One or more devices has been taken offline by the administrator.
         Sufficient replicas exist for the pool to continue functioning in a
         degraded state.
action: Online the device using 'zpool online' or replace the device with
         'zpool replace'.
  scan: scrub in progress since Wed Jun  8 03:56:39 2011
     6,30M scanned out of 2,79T at 922K/s, (scan is slow, no estimated time)
     0 repaired, 0,00% done
config:

         NAME                     STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
         tank                     DEGRADED     0     0     0
           raidz2-0               DEGRADED     0     0     0
             ad8p1                ONLINE       0     0     0
             ad12p1               ONLINE       0     0     0
             ad16p1               ONLINE       0     0     0
             8811702962298963660  OFFLINE      0     0     0  was
/dev/gpt/disk3
             ad14p1               ONLINE       0     0     0
             ad18p1               ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

--
Vladislav V. Prodan
VVP24-UANIC