Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:08:07 -0500
From:      "Matthew X. Economou" <xenophon@irtnog.org>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>, <fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: gmirror disks vs partitions

> Apart from potentially avoiding a whole disk from being copied
> during a resync after a crash, are there any other advantages to
> using partition level mirroring instead of drive level mirroring?

Joe,

Partition-level software RAID plus LVM is how the following Slashdot
poster manages extendable (and inequally sized disk) arrays on Linux:

http://ask.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=3D169386&cid=3D14117414

Best wishes,
Matthew

--=20
"Rogues are very keen in their profession, and know already much more
than we can teach them respecting their several kinds of roguery."
  - A. C. Hobbs in _Locks and Safes_ (1853)