Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 06:53:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      Omachonu Ogali <oogali@intranova.net>
To:        Richard Martin <dmartin@origen.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Virtual IPs & rc.conf

Why not do:
# -- Main IP
ifconfig_xl0="inet x.x.x.x"
# -- Aliases
ifconfig_xl0_alias0="inet alias x.x.x.x netmask 0xffffffff"
ifconfig_xl0_alias1="inet alias x.x.x.x netmask 0xffffffff"
ifconfig_xl0_alias2="inet alias x.x.x.x netmask 0xffffffff"
ifconfig_xl0_alias3="inet alias x.x.x.x netmask 0xffffffff"

And so on...
I don't see a need for static routes, as that all fits into /etc/rc.conf

Omachonu Ogali
Intranova Networking Group