Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 2004 20:04:38 -0700
From:      Matt Navarre <mnavarre@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Are you truly a M$ desktop alternative?

On Sunday 25 July 2004 11:42, Vulpes Velox wrote:
> > As mentioned before, FreeBSD is NOT Linux. Keep that in mind.
> >
> > > I've flipped through your FAQ's and over forums but result in no
> > > answer for Active Directory 2K3 and Exchange 2K3 server client
> > > connectivity, integration and functionality? Note that we have not
> > > moved to these product versions yet. Hence this email.
> >
> > KDE's Kmail can connect to Exchange servers, I believe. As for
> > logging into active directory ... That doesn't exist AFAIK. Perhaps
> > there are programs that allow such things, but I wouldn't count on
> > that. Windows is an excellent OS for integration with Active
> > Directory.
>
> AFAIK sylpheed-claws can too... IIRC Exchange is imap... or
> something...

Ximian just open-sourced their Connector plug-in for Evolution. Works great
for email at least, I never really needed any of the other bells, whistles,
chrome or gewgaws that MS put in Outlook, so I don't know how well it handles
things like calendars and whatnot. But it's a place to start.

--
"We all enter this world in the same way: naked, screaming,
 and soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind