Date:      Mon, 05 Sep 2011 09:51:32 +0200
From:      Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>
To:        "Alex V. Petrov" <alexvpetrov@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: I have problem with libv4l

Hi,

On 09/05/2011 03:40 AM, Alex V. Petrov wrote:
> 2011/9/4 Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com <mailto:hdegoede@redhat.com>>
>
> ugen0.2: <product 0xc520 vendor 0x055f> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=ON

Ok, so that is a generic sunplus camera, with a spca504 chipset. I do have one sunplus
camera in my (web)cam collection, the Logitech ClickSmart 420. I just gave that a testrun
and it works fine. But that has a spca504C and I'm using a different libjpeg version
(libjpeg-turbo).

> jpeg-8_3 with cc (GCC) 4.2.2 20070831 prerelease [FreeBSD]
Ok, well that gcc does not look suspicious, although it is a prerelease ?
(I was wondering if you guys maybe switched to clang).

You could try downgrading your libjpeg to good old 62 / 6b, but be warned
that that has a different ABI, so if you do that you need to rebuild libv4l
before testing, and then restore 8.3 again before doing anything else!

Actually that might very well be the cause of your issue to begin with, are
you using libv4l binaries? And can you see against which libjpeg they were build?

If not can you try rebuilding libv4l locally and see if that fixes things ?

Regards,

Hans