Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 2001 09:30:11 -0500
From:      "Ken Menzel" <kenm@icarz.com>
To:        "Joe Gleason" <clash@fireduck.com>, "Matt Heckaman" <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>, "B" <brentb@loa.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: /var drive space problem

I Agree, with Joe,  but I also want to add I think the root file
systems is also too small.  The same type of formula could work.  As
for me I'll continue to set my favorite values for modern drives: 250M
root,  2*mem swap, 250M /var,  the rest /usr.
20M is way too small for modern drives,  but we can't hard code this
as many people stll are using old hardware to do jobs (such as nat
boxs and ipfw etc).
Ken