Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:06:03 +1100
From:      "David Rawling" <djr@pdconsec.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: atom based servers

-----Original Message-----

Hi Brian

Indeed, I have a FreeBSD 8.0RC1 system running as my primary time
server for the home network. Since it's an Atom 330, it fully
supports 64-bit mode (an opportunity I have grasped with both hands).

The board I happen to be using is an Intel DG945GCLF2 - a clone
board with just 1 DIMM slot and two SATA ports. Everything I need
to have supported Just Worked out of the box.

The server itself is running at a very low load level:

timeserver ~ 15> uptime
 1:00PM  up 6 days, 12:38, 1 user, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

I can provide the output of most any other commands if you'd like
to see anything specific. I rather suspect that the Supermicro and
other server-class Atoms will still be using the Intel 945 or
similar chipsets.

Dave.
--
David Rawling