Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 1996 11:40:49 -0400
From:      dennis@etinc.com (Dennis)
To:        "Mr. Jason A. Borgmann"  <kyricc@inetnebr.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 128k ISDN vs. T1

>Hello, I am in the process of starting an ISP in my area.  I was wondering
>if any of you could list the pros/cons of using a T1 over a 128k ISDN
>(besides speed).  This intended ISP will probably start very small (less
>than 20 people is what we are figuring) but should be able to grow to over
>200 accounts.

If you get ISDN, you'll probably terminate in an overloaded Ascend or
Cisco box. If you get a T1...you might terminate in a 7000 or 4XXX..which
is a much faster and reliable box. Of course, you may terminate in a 2501,
which isnt great but still better than ISDN.

Dennis

Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25 for BSD/OS, FreeBSD
and LINUX