Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 1997 14:52:44 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@aol.com>
To:        "FreeBSD ISP" <isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <jfitz@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Cyrus IMAP Server - Can't log into server

I have installed the Cyrus IMAP server, but it is not accepting passwords,
the server was rebooted and the pwcheck program is running.

I can telnet to the imap port with no problems, but when I try the "imtest"
program it fails as shown bellow:

$ imtest -p mail imap
* OK mail.xxxxx.net Cyrus IMAP4 v1.5.2 server ready
Password: *****
. LOGIN user1 X
. NO Login incorrect
. logout
* BYE LOGOUT received
. OK Completed
Connection Closed.

 Also the "cyradm"program gives an error trying to authenticate:

cyradm mail
mail userid: admin1
mail password: *****
application-specific initialization failed: authentication failed
%

Any Ideas why passwords are not working?

Thanks,

Scot