Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 1995 16:14:00 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Thomas Gellekum <thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier Robert)
Cc:        taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Plug-n-Play Internet acccess (was Re: httpd as part of the

Ollivier Robert wrote:

> >     I thought Yarn was only for DOS?  I know the author, and he didn't
>
> Maybe. I don't remember but I think there are some SOUP based
> readers for UNIX...

Only thing I found when I was looking for it was slnr. Sits on
ftp.uu.net, I forgot the directory. The newsreader itself is
really small, but maybe one could build something out of the
transport agents which sit on the serving machine and collect the
news (locally on the server or via NNTP).

One could also experiment with the `-S' option of tin, which
supposedly saves unread news into a local directory structure. The
man page says that the supplementing option `-R' (read news saved by
`-S') is not yet implemented (tin-1.22), though.

tg