Date:      Sat, 9 Aug 1997 03:23:55 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>
To:        brian@awfulhak.org (Brian Somers)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: date(1)

[Been away for over a week, so I'm sorry to jump in late here]

According to Brian Somers:
> > + [[cc[yy[mm[dd[hh]]]]]mm[.ss]]

Note that this says this:
  If you give minutes you may give seconds, and you may also add centuary.
  If you add centuary you may add year.
  etc.

Which makes  hhmm.ss illegal.

[... lots of babbling about date and its format...]
> > No, it's still wrong.
>
> Oops, let me just delete that "no no no" mail that I nearly sent
> *blush*.  Of course it should be:
>
> [[[[[cc]yy]mm]dd]HH]MM[.SS]
>
> As we strip the brackets from the outside in, we get the right answer
> :-)  Thanks.

YES! Finally! Is this the "final word" here? I've been thinking about
writing a PR for date.1 because if says "[[yy[mm[dd[hh]]]]mm[.ss]]".

It most definitely should be "[[[[[yy]mm]dd]HH]MM[.SS]]". With [cc] added
when date actually handles that, ofcourse.

  /Mikael