Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 16:39:31 +0100
From:      Adam Nealis <adamn@csl.com>
To:        Jeff Lush <jeff@nerdpower.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache 1.3.9 port

Jeff Lush wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying desperately to install Apache 1.3.9 + PHP 3.0.12 + SSL on
> FreeBSD and am having some difficulties. I am in desperate need of some
> help.
You rproblems seem to be the type that are caused by some of the system's
.mk stuff being out of date.

Compare /usr/share/mk/* and /usr/src/share/mk/*
Check /usr/ports/Mk/ as well

It might be that when you do the upgrade kit installation either or both
of these go out of date. I recommend you CVSUP /usr/ports to update
/usr/ports/Mk

> My version of FreeBSD is 3.1 stable. I have installed the ports upgrade kit.
> I have grabbed the "apache13-php3" directory from the FreeBSD website and
> extracted it into the "/usr/ports/www/" directory and have run "make
> install". I am then presented with a screen that allows me to choose config
> options. I choose SSL and PHP w/MySQL and proceed. I then get an error when
> make goes to "make all". Now whenever I run make install, I get the
> following error:
Presumably you actually did this:

cd /usr/ports/www/apache13-php3
make