Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2017 10:23:29 -0800
From:      "Chris H" <bsd-lists@BSDforge.com>
To:        <bsd-lists@BSDforge.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, "Bill Sorenson" <instructionset@gmail.com>,  <mike@karels.net>, "Benno Rice" <benno@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>, "Jonathan Anderson" <jonathan@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: The future of fortune(6)

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 08:37:58 -0800 <bsd-lists@BSDforge=2Ecom> said

> On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 11:50:46 -0330 "Jonathan Anderson" <jonathan@FreeBSD=2E=
org>
> said
>=20
> > On 27 Nov 2017, at 1:01, Bill Sorenson wrote:
> >=20
> > > I for one would recommend leaving things alone unless it is a
> > > substantive improvement=2E
> >=20
> > That's a sound principle, but if we move the datfiles (other than=20
> > `freebsd-tips`) into ports, we could take all of the future time we=20
> > would otherwise spend debating fortune(6) and use it for=2E=2E=2E anything=20
> > else=2E :) I would call that a substantive improvement=2E
> Following your assertion; if I were to pass a women being violated,
> knowing my intervention would end it=2E
> Should I simply pass it by, knowing the time I save would allow me
> the time to get that cup of coffee I really wanted?
OK=2E This is a poor choice of examples to have used in an attempt to
make my point=2E I *really* should have taken more time to consider the
possibilities, *and* the *potential consequences* of that choice=2E
I'd like to offer my sincere apologies to anyone I may have offended
in reference to this example=2E :(
I'm big on freedom of speech=2E But, I don't tolerate "thoughtless"
speech, and nor, I think, should anyone else=2E

--Chris