Date:      Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:02:35 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Dieter <freebsd@sopwith.solgatos.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, gmarco@giovannelli.it
Subject:   Re: make a pvr

Dieter wrote this message on Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 12:36 +0000:
> The only DTV card I have found with any sort of Unix driver
> is the HD-3000.  There are drivers with source for Linux,
> there was talk awhile back of doing a BSD driver, I don't
> know if that has gotten anywhere?

The Linux dtv project supports a few more than just the HD-3000...
It supports cards like the one I am working on, which is the DVIco's
FusionHDTV 5 Lite card....

> The HD-3000 card is supposed to do pretty much any format,
> digital or analog (NTSC, PAL, SECAM, ATSC, ...).  To record
> a digital station you just dd the data from a device node,
> nearly no CPU usage.

I looked at the HD-3000 and it was too expensive, and they weren't any
more helpful than the company in getting specs for the chips used on
the card...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579