Date:      Mon, 8 Feb 1999 17:37:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      mannix <mannix@eoni.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   who can help with 2 (hopefully) simple questions?

Questions:

1.) My first question is, I'm just getting settled in with FreeBSD 3.0. My
first ever in using this version of UNIX. I'm use to Linux and such dists
of Linux.  I want to be able to run sorts of linux programs on my bsd box
and work with linux programs.  Is this possible?  I just want to be able
to run simple command line sort of programs in fbsd, no xwin gunk. HELP?

2.) How do I stay recent with my ports collection. Meaning, if FreeBSD
port applications were to add a new app to the list that I didn't have on
my 3.0 disks... how do I update my collection?  HELP?

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks --

.Tyson.