Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 1997 20:11:14 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        ivt@gamma.ru (Igor Timkin)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, mike@smith.net.au, sclawson@bottles.cs.utah.edu, ivt@gamma.ru, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic: blkfree: freeling free block/frag

> Terry Lambert writes:
> > I do not believe this is a single bit error.  I believe this is the same
> > problem I have been seeing.
> >
> > Does your ethernet hardware address begin with 00 00?
>
> news.gamma.ru (158.250.39.26) at 0:0:c0:a4:2e:61
> Is there a problem with 0:0 ?

Look at your corrupt variables and nearby variables in the stack, and
see if your ethernet address is being blown onto the stack somewhere.

There is no problem with the 0:0, but it reinforces my feeling that
this could be resulting from a trashed kernel stack.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.