Date:      Thu, 7 Aug 97 04:34:50 EDT
From:      crose@mogli.rutgers.edu (Christopher Rose)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        crose@mogli.rutgers.edu
Subject:   apa1460 Adaptec

Hi Folks,

It's me again.  Is there some special incantation
to get the adapect apa1460 slimscsi pcmcia card
to work with freebsd. I've got the card manager
running, but the whole thing fails when it
tries to attach a driver.  The recommended aic0
driver does not seem to work (using the LINT entry)
and there's probably something obvious I'm missing.

I've tried a number of kluges in the kernel configuation file
but to no avail.

I know about the pao web page in japan,,,, but could not
get to it for some reason.

Any help appreciated.  I hope this is a simple thing.

(oh, I also set up pccard.conf in /etc with the suggested
line from pccard.conf.sample... with the interrupt
corrected to match that in the kernel config file).

tata,

Chris
* Christopher Rose                                                    *
* Associate Professor of                                              *
* Electrical and Computer Engineering                                 *
* Rutgers University / WINLAB                                         *
* 732-445-5250                                                        *
* crose@ece.rutgers.edu                                               *
* http://winwww.rutgers.edu/pub/about/people/staff/crose/crose.html   *