Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 1997 08:11:06 +0800 (SGT)
From:      sweeting@tm.net.my
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   TIMEZONE and DST ....  making the kernel (was Re: 2.2-GAMMA.)

>> Aside from a large number of warnings about type mismatches (comparing signed
>> to unsigned values), it finally dies compiling param.c noting that
>>TIMEZONE and
>> DST aren't defined.
>
>Try removing /usr/src/sys and reinstalling it.  Leftover garbage will
>confuse things sometimes.

ok, i removed /usr/src/sys and got hold of the ssys.* files again.
when the  whatever.tar.gz  (created from the ssys.* files) is decompressed, it
says that the garbage is ignored.

i customised the GENERIC config file and tried to make it....
still the DST and TIMEZONE errors occured and sure enough, looking in param.c
the DST and TIMEZONE variables do seem to be used before assigned values
but then again, i'm not a coder ......

so, for amusement, i commented that line out .... compilation continued until
the following :

Warning: Object directory not changed from original /usr/src/sys/libkern
cc -O -I/usr/src/sys/libkern -I/usr/src/sys/libkern/.. -DKERNEL -c mcount.c
-o mcount.o
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

>> I'm guessing I need part of the src distribution.  But which part(s)?  And
>> where do I find out about new options that have been added to the kernal
>> configuration file?
>
>IT's the ssys distribution, and just look over GENERIC for anything
>important.  All the opts are in LINT.

did i perhaps make a boo boo in the config file ????

cheers,

chas