Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 1999 16:50:29 +0600 (NOVT)
From:      nnd@mail.nsk.ru
To:        Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Audio support [was Re: HEADSUP: wd driver will be retired!]

In <Pine.GSO.4.10.9912111549490.138-100000@rac7.wam.umd.edu> Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu> wrote:
> Just a question which I'm not sure is soundcard related. My xmms no longer
> starts up anymore, it just hangs in Poll before it actually puts anything
> on the display, is that because /dev/dsp isn't working?

	Thw 'xmms' problem is not soundcard related. It is
uthreads related. Daniel Eischen already have the patches to
solve this problem. In the meantime you can try to make the
following:

	Manually unpack your default Skin (now it is
'zip'-ped - is it ?). After that your 'xmms' will start
to make noises (somebody calla them music ;-).

	N.Dudorov