Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 1995 16:39:29 +0800 (CST)
From:      Chien-Ta Lee <jdli@linux.csie.nctu.edu.tw>
To:        julian@ref.tfs.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to disklabel sd0s5 ?

> > > I created a logical partiton for FreeBSD, but I can't disklabel
> > > sd0s5.  I tried to use /stand/sysinstall and go into wizard mode,
> > > I can use "create" command to create sd0s5e, but when I leave
> > > sysinstall, sd0s5e disappears. (I did "write")
>
> why do you want to put it on s5?

	I understand about freebsd's new slice code.

	Currently I have sd0s4 as my FreeBSD partition, and I want to
	have a user data slice on logical slice. (sd0s5)

	B'cos all of my primary partitions are used
	 sd0s1 : dos
	 sd0s2 : os2 boot mgr
	 sd0s3 : extend
	 sd0s4 : freebsd
	 sd0s5 : freebsd at logical 1
	 sd0s6 : os2 at logical 2

	so I want to know how to disklabel sd0s5 ....
	disklabel -e sd0s5 will fail...while sd0s5 partition id is 0xa5
	and /dev/?sd0s5? exist.

--

                                                 李 建 達  (Adonis) 交大資工
                                                 Mail: jdli@csie.nctu.edu.tw