Date:      Sat, 17 Aug 2002 01:50:07 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        jlemon@freebsd.org
Subject:   PATCH2: Better kqueue patches

OK, these patches still add support for System V message queue
integration into kqueue.  They also fix the problems I noted
before, by adding a third parameter to KNOTE(), and fixing up
the kn_fop->f_event() functions to take a third parameter.

This fixes the message queue ID > 65536 problem, and also fixes
the event/hint mux problem with signal and proc notes (particularly,
it allows for more than 20 bits of PID, if that's ever considered
desirable at some point).

It also adds support for a virtual event, if the System V message
queue was not empty when the filter is first attached, to avoid
the need to do the poll-after-attach, and to poll on reads to avoid
the potential race condition (you would still need this for multiple
readers on the same queue, though... obviously).

I think this code is OK to commit, if someone want to review it and
commit it.

Context diffs vs. -STABLE attached.

-- Terry