Date:      Thu, 13 Sep 2001 20:23:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   XFree86-4 *does* build with FBSD 4.3

   Last night I asked the -questions list if anybody knew why
   XFree86-4.1.0_6 wouldn't build  under 4.2.  I double checked the
   build on my DNS server.  Yup; success.  So I upgraded my 4.2-CDROM
   install to RELEASE-4_3.

   The latest rev of XFree86 now builds.  It is installing as I
   write this.   ...So, in case  anyone running 4.2 has had trouble
   building  the latest version of X11, you need to move up  to
   (at least) 4.3.

   ((Now let's see if this new X11 works with the Intel 815 AGPset
     chipset... .)

   gary kline

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix