Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 2008 16:34:17 +0200
From:      Michal Petrucha <johnny64@swissjabber.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error building editors/openoffice.org-2

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

> >    I just tried building OpenOffice.org 2.4.1_2 from ports. All
> >    dependencies are already installed. After some minutes of compilation
> >    the build crashed with
> >
> >    ~~~~~~
> >    Disabling crypto support
> >    Enabling debugger
> >    checking for libxml libraries >=3D3D 2.6.17... test: 1: unexpected o=
perator
> >    configure: error: Could not find libxml2 anywhere, check ftp://xmlso=
ft.org/.
> >    dmake:  Error code 1, while making 'unxfbsdi.pro/misc/build/so_confi=
gured_s=3D
> >    o_libxslt'
> >    ---* tg_merge.mk *---
> >
> >    ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making /usr/ports/editors/openoffi=
ce.org-=3D
> >    2/work/OOH680_m17/libxslt
> >    dmake:  Error code 1, while making 'build_instsetoo_native'
> >    ** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa /tmp/portinstal=
l.23991=3D
> >    =3D2E0 env make LOCALIZED_LANG=3D3Dalllangs -DWITH_TTF_BYTECODE_ENAB=
LED -DWITH_=3D
> >    KDE
> >    ** Fix the problem and try again.
> >    ** Listing the failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
> >		  ! editors/openoffice.org-2      (checksum mismatch)
> >    ~~~~~~
> >
> >    The whole script is at
> >    http://johnny64.fixinko.sk/openoffice.org-2-2008-09-21.gz
>=20
> 	See ports/98949.
>=20
>=20
> 				Robert Huff

Either I completely misunderstood this PR, or it really addresses some
completely different build issue and doesn't even provide a solution
for the problem reported and has been closed only because of the fact
the port had been updated many times since the initial report...
(Although there's been some discussion about too little RAM in
reference to this PR, but that isn't the problem here.)

The one I am experiencing looks rather like a syntax error in
configure for libxslt shipped with OOo. (By the way, why does it use
shipped libraries like libxml, libxslt and so on instead of the ones
already present on the system...?)

More specifically the problem seems to be with line 21990 of the
configure script:
if test "1" =3D=3D "1"
which seems to use bash-specific syntax. (At least FreeBSD test(1)
doesn't seem to like this.)

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Michal Petrucha

--=20
(-K JohnNy alias Partial Derivative =E2=88=82
[home] http://johnny64.fixinko.sk/
[icq] 338328204 [abandoned]
[jabber] JohnNy64@swissjabber.org
[skype] JohnNy64-konik [abandoned]