Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2001 18:13:30 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Some questions about undocumented KERNEL options

Dear Sirs.

Can anyone tell me something about these kernel options:

options         ENABLE_VFS_IOOPT
options         KEY
options         LOUTB
options         FE_8BIT_SUPPORT
options         ENABLE_ALART

I found no further documentation on this and so I would like to
ask the community.

What happens to a server if theses options are enabled? Do they
offer performance hints assumed the kernel stays stable if enabled?
What is the benefit or purpose of each of this options and
in which cases they should get relevance to be switched on or off?

Thank you very much ..

Oliver

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institutes fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinenraum)