Date:      Tue, 9 May 2000 07:20:20 -0400
From:      "Otter" <otter@otter.cc>
To:        "Bart Lateur" <bart.lateur@skynet.be>, "Freebsd Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Book recommendations (was: Re: Clear Screen Before Logout)

Bart,
On this list, you'd get a cookie if you mentioned Greg Lehey's book,
"The Complete FreeBSD" (3rd edition). I learned quite a bit when I
first got my 2nd edition a couple years ago. Most of the O'Reilly
books (http://www.ora.com) are pretty good too. If you want some
deeper insight, you can pick up just about any of the books by W.
Richard Stevens; or even "Design and implementation of the 4.4BSD
Operating System". McKusick, Bostic, and Karels authored that one.
There are plenty of books available if you look around. I just
referenced several thousand pages of text. That should keep you busy
for a while. It's keeping me busy on my vacation this week.
-Otter