Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 1995 08:32:33 -0500
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need a way-cool X-based mailer? Look at XFMail...

> > > ./xfmail
> > >
> > > ld.so: xfmail: libforms.so.0.7: Undefined error: 0
> > Try ftp://burka.netvision.net.il/pub/xfmail/FreeBSD/xfmail.static
>
> ./xfmail.static
>
> ld.so: xfmail.static: libXpm.so.4.3: Undefined error: 0

sorry about that, you'll need the Xpm shared lib I guess,
I kind of figured that would be static too :(

If you're directly on the internet, run this as root:
# pkg_add ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/packages/x11/xpm-3.4f.tgz

otherwise, ftp it and pkg_add it separately.

then ./xfmail.static

Generally I've found that `Undefined error: 0' means that ld.so
cannot find the shared lib.  It looks like pkg_add'ing this will
update you're shared library paths properly, if you're running
2.0.5 or newer, otherwise you may have to run

# ldconfig /usr/lib /usr/X11R6/lib /usr/local/lib

to get them updated.

> Brian Litzinger
> brian@easynet.com

eric.