Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 2010 13:56:37 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jonathan Vasquez <jvasquez1011@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Confusing sentence

On Sunday 14 February 2010 2:12:15 pm Jonathan Vasquez wrote:

> <http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/version-guide/past-schedules.html>SENTENCE:
> "These considerations, rather than any kind of keeping up with the major
> release number of any other OS, comprise the main motivation for the
> scheduling changes going forward."
>
> IMPROVED: "Taking the above into consideration, we have learned that it's
> better to not rush development because another OS released a major version."

The wording could definitely use improvement, but I don't think the new
sentence has the same meaning.  It is more like "we are speeding up the
frequency of releases, but for reasons X, Y, and Z; not to keep with other OS
version numbers."

Perhaps just splitting it up into two sentence so it is less of a mouthful:

  These considerations are the motivation for the scheduling changes going
  forward.  The schedule is not being changed to "keep pace" with other OS
  versions.

--
John Baldwin