Date:      Sun, 8 Aug 1999 10:30:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/13031: Move fconv-0.1 distfile

The following reply was made to PR ports/13031; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@freebsd.org>
To: chris@calldei.com
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 13:27:53 -0400

 On Sun, Aug 08, 1999 at 11:20:17AM -0500, chris@calldei.com wrote:

 > Now that I have an account to use, I am moving the distfiles location for
 > my port to my public_html directory, being the maintainer.

 Um, ok, I realize that Nik probably said something about only
 committing to the doc repository, but this is ridiculous.

 If you're the MAINTAINER of a port, and you're making a trivial change
 (such as changing the MASTER_SITE), then just go ahead and do so
 unless you've been given some kind of very specific order from say
 -core or -asami.

 We need all the people closing PRs (either explicitly or preferrably
 implicitly) that we can get.  :-)

 > -MASTER_SITES=	http://WWW.FreeBSD.ORG/~taoka/distfiles/
 > +MASTER_SITES=	http://www.FreeBSD.org/~chris/distfiles/
 >
 >  MAINTAINER=	ports@FreeBSD.ORG

 If you're the MAINTAINER of the port, I would also suggest changing
 the MAINTAINER field.  :)

 I'm not sure it's really worthwhile moving MASTER_SITES just for the
 sake of moving master sites, but anyways...  You should contact ~taoka
 and ~cpiazza and let them know that they don't need to stock these
 distfiles anymore.

 I think you should make this change (if you really want to move the
 MASTER_SITES, that is, and change MAINTAINER if you want to
 maintain the ports) and close these two PRs.

 If it makes you feel any better, I hereby declare these two
 PRs (re: rtfm and fconv) to be officially reviewed and approved by
 myself (with appropriate comments about MAINTAINER on fconv, the
 usefulness of a gratuitous MASTER_SITE change, and the instruction to
 notify ~cpiazza and ~taoka if you still want to change the
 MASTER_SITES line).  You can freely blame me when everybody starts
 yelling and screaming about how changing the MASTER_SITES broke their
 machines.  ;-)

 --
 This is my .signature which gets appended to the end of my messages.