Date:      Thu, 02 May 1996 21:11:14 +0100
From:      Adam Greenwood <adamg@padd.press.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Specific questions about FreeBSD

Greetings,

As a Software Developer setting up on my own, I'm currently trying
to decide between FreeBSD and Linux for the PC I'll be using. I've
checked the hardware compatibility lists, and all looks well there
apart from perhaps the graphics card - I have a Diamond Stealth
card, but they seem fairly popular so I imagine it will be fine.

I'd much prefer to use FreeBSD, as I'm a SunOs 4.1.2 user at the
moment, and have heard good things about FreeBSD from people who
have tried both. So, if you could answer a couple of questions
for me, hopefully I'll be ready to go with it.

 - Will FreeBSD allow the PC to be easily booted in either
   Windows '95 or FreeBSD? I will unfortunately have to use
   Win 95 for a few things.
 - Will FreeBSD happily mount a Windows '95 drive, long filenames
   and all (cos I know I can't hope for it to work the other way
   around).
 - Is there a source for advice on partitioning the PC hard drive
   for a Windows '95 and FreeBSD system?

If I had more time to spare, I'd just get it and play, but things
seem to be a bit of a rush at the moment.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Adam.

 |C|    .     Adam Greenwood, IS Engineering, PA Data Design  .     |C|
 |L|     \o__.            adamg@compnews.co.uk             .__o>    |L|
 |I|  ,/\/               Voice: +44 1430 431100                \/\. |I|
 |M|     \                Page: +44 0941 116885                 \   |M|
 |B|      `          These are all my own ramblings              `  |B|
 ----------- URL  -  http://www.pa.press.net/people/adamg/ ------------