Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 1997 23:49:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jaye Mathisen  <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   MUSBUS?

Anybody have a copy of the old musbus benchmark?  I think musbus stood for

"Monash University Software for Benchmarking Unix Systems".

I was thinking it might make a reasonable start for a "FreeBSD system
thrasher".

I would like to be able to take a new box, pop FreeBSD on it, then run
some package that thrashes the daylights out of the darn thing, for a time
period that I specify.

Currently, the only thing I can think of that really bashes on it is the
classic make world, coupled with news.

Solaris has something like that in their "Hardware Certification Toolset",
or whatever the heck that things called.