Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 21:43:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   end of life for DEC branded Alphas (and Tru64) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:51:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: William H. Magill <magill@isc.upenn.edu>
To: axp-list@redhat.com
Subject: end of life for DEC branded Alphas (and Tru64)

My understanding is that any EV56 or earlier processor will no longer be
supported by Tru64 after 5.1 (and depending on how you read the 5.1 release
notes, NOT in 5.1)

This implies that there will be a LOT of 1000A's hitting the market
in the not too distant future. (There are supposedly "thousands"
of them in use by various telcos.) The 1000As are a nice box. Lots of PCI
slots.

  ----------< Forwarded Message Follows >----------