Date:      Fri, 6 Jun 1997 08:20:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Chris Coleman <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bt848

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Chris Coleman wrote:

> Ok I am getting ready to set up a local Mbone network here on campus and
> we are looking at Video Capture cards.  Do the Bt848 cards work as Video
> capture cards for Mbone?  I am looking for a Low-Cost setup for Freebsd.
> What are the recommendations for:
>
> 	Video Capture Cards:

Bt848-based, definitely.  There are a few models; see
http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/HomeAuto/Bt848.html

> 	Sound Cards:

Gravis UltraSound Plug & Play.  The SoundBlasters are too flaky.  You can
get drivers for it from ftp://rah.star-gate.com.

> 	FreeBSD Version:

I'm on 2.2-GAMMA, but any 2.2 branched releases should work OK.

> 	Cameras:

Any camera with a composite video out.  I use an old VHS camcorder.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo