Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 2000 22:08:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Rooney <rooneg@rpi.edu>
To:        rwiater@bcn.net
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE:java command not found

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000 rwiater@bcn.net wrote:

> Dear FreeBSD;
>

>  I have just set up java on freeBSD 4.0
> I go into the bin part of /usr/local/jdk1.1.8/bin and type java at the command
> line
> all I get is a "COMMAND NOT FOUND" What
> gives

did you give it the full path?  either ./java if you're in the
/usr/local/jdk1.1.8/bin directory, or /usr/local/jdk1.1.8/bin/java from
somewhere else.  when you get tired of that you could add
/usr/local/jdk1.1.8/bin to your $PATH...

-garrett

| rooneg@rpi.edu                                        garrett rooney |
| http://www.rpi.edu/~rooneg                                 unix geek |
|  unrequited love is neat because it lasts so much longer - w. t. c.  |