Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 15:19:04 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
Cc:        "Bret Ford" <bford@uop.cs.uop.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel build break at link

"Justin T. Gibbs" wrote:
> In article <004401bde416$98ab0480$0100a8c0@heather.my.domain> you wrote:
> > My attempted kernel break (on sources checked out this morning) breaks here
    :

> > ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_ahaintr' referenced from data segment
> > *** Error code 1
>
> Ensure that your configuration line for aha0 matches that of GENERIC.
> You are no longer supposed to specify an interrupt vector.

And also, don't forget that it's ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE that the 'bio'
interrupt mask be changed to 'cam' in the config line.

ie:
device aha0 at isa? at isa? port "IO_AHA0" bio irq ? drq 5 vector ahaintr
becomes:
device aha0 at isa? at isa? port "IO_AHA0" cam irq ?

I tried to get a change (in principle) past the Bruce filter to make a
temporary change to the config structures so that the isa drivers could
easily set the interrupt mask explicitly without a major code impact. Bruce
wants to do it properly, so I guess we're stuck with this mechanism which
is going to cause most of the 3.0 isa-scsi-controller users to blow their
feet off.  Sigh.

> --
> Justin

Cheers,