Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:37:38 +0300
From:      "dvv" <dvv@online.bg>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Creating NTFS or FAT32 partition

Alexander Kanchev writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have a HDD attached to my computer and I need to format it with windows compatible filesystem, like NTFS or FAT32. Is this possible to make this under FreeBSD ?
>
> I'm running FreeBSD 5.2.1 and the HDD device is  /dev/ad1 (also /dev/ad1s1)
>
> regards,
> alexander

man newfs_msdos:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=newfs_msdos&apropos=0&sektion=0&man
path=FreeBSD+5.2-RELEASE+and+Ports&format=html

Didn't it work yesterday?If not get a freedos disk and try with it
ad1s1 is your 1st slice of disk.ad1 is the whole thing.
Please don't waste community resource. Do you homework - read.
Best regards,
Dimitar Vassilev