Date:      Sun, 5 May 2002 17:49:32 +1000
From:      "Michael Phaze" <michael@roq.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ipfilter problem

I used to use the return-rst rule, but at the end of the day it can cause to
many hard to see problems.
I used to think it was a good way to hide open ports, but its better just to
suck in the packet and not reply because it makes it nmaps go alot slower
(if not unscannable) which to me is more worth while then trying to hide
services or hide the fact a firewall is there.
Just my 2 cents :)