Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 1995 01:41:24 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty Jr.)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, scrappy@hub.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1 release sysinstall

> We can still do it  with snmp queries ... We could issue parallel queries to
> the designated target machines and wait lets way wait for 30 seconds or
> so for the queries to come back. The snmp query could be to request the
> number of ftp connections or the current system load --- that your pick
> or do both :)
>
> We got an snmp expert in the house, Pohl... What do think?

On this subject, is there an snmp client for FreeBSD ? A nice GUI
wouldn't disturb...

I would like to use it mainly to ask info from routers, so will also
appreciate pointers to other tools that can be used to extract
information such as statistics, routing tables etc.

	Thanks
	Luigi
Luigi Rizzo                     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
email: luigi@iet.unipi.it       Universita' di Pisa
tel: +39-50-568533              via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522              http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/