Date:      19 Mar 2002 09:34:15 +0200
From:      denis@mt.lv (Denis J. Cirulis)
To:        John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail | pine

John Bleichert <johnnyb@stny.rr.com> writes:

> Hello All
>
> Hopefully this isnt too terribly green, but how do I override my Unix
> username with the left side of my email address using sendmail and pine? I
> use pine in Linux, but with postfix and procmail, which I know how to use.
>
> Is there a quick and dirty way to solve this? I'm reading the man page for
> /etc/aliases right now, dunno if it's the right track.
>
> Im not ready to install postfix yer, or maybe I am hehe. sendmail is ok,
> Im just new at it. And procmail works fine, too.
>
> Thanks - I am rtfm, but it's late and I want quick info as well! ;-)

Hello, John!

You can edit /etc/mail/sendmail.mc (according to the documentation at www.sendmail.org)
Add there:

MASQUERADE_AS(domain.com)
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)
or
FEATURE(allmasquerade)

then type make in /etc/mail and killall -HUP sendmail

This action gives you all your outgoing mail to be masqueraded to domain.com instead of
your real hostname.