Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 01:36:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Paul Anderson <paul@geeky1.ebtech.net>
To:        "Mark L. Holloway" <mlholloway@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is it a REAL Firewall?

On Sun, 30 May 1999, Mark L. Holloway wrote:

> What is the difference between FreeBSD's Firewall (or any of the free
> firewalls) vs. Gauntlet, Raptor, Cyberguard, or Checkpoint.  They all
> run on Windows NT (among other OSs) and cost approximately $20,000.

The commercial ones include very nicely manuals printed on a high-quality
offset press, along with the warm and fuzzy feeling that you have someone
to shoot when things go disastrously wrong.  The latter feature is often
unnecessary with FreeBSD and Linux, as things rarely go disastrousely
wrong(never had it happen to me before).  TTYL!

---
Paul Anderson - Self-employed Megalomaniac
paul@geeky1.ebtech.net
Member of the Sarnia Linux User's Group
http://www.sar-net.com/slug
http://zephyr.sellad.on.ca/~paul
"BETTER LIVING THROUGH RECKLESS EXPERIMENTATION" - Motto of The Mad Scientist