Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 1998 21:30:00 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@freebie.dcfinc.com>
To:        c.avis@rama.com.au (Chris Avis)
Cc:        linux-embedded@waste.org, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux or FreeBSD

> I have been using Redhat Linux for some time and will admit
> that I sometimes get confused with the different variants of
> Linux and the different ways things are done (e.g. Caldera).
> In this respect the FreeBSD solution is extremely well
> documented in the "FreeBSD Handbook".
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions ?

I have run both Linux and FreeBSD systems for a couple of years.

My opinion (the only one I'm qualified to offer) is that FreeBSD is
=very= much better in unity of the package, and generally from the view
of someone who wants to use the system in a production environment.

Linux, on the other hand, leads if you're looking for bleeding-edge
(like device drivers for the latest-n-greatest sound card) or are
concerned with POSIX compatibility.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com chad@larsons.org chad@anasazi.com larson1@home.net