Date:      Tue, 12 Apr 2005 01:14:34 +0200
From:      Joost van Dijk <joost@amiculus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Getting CVSup to work

Hello,

I am having trouble getting CVSup to work. I have done the following:

Installed FreeBSD 5.3
No ports are installed and I am using command line only.

Then went to /usr/ports/net/cvsup-without-gui
# make
# make install
All this seemed to work as it should.

Then copied /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile
to /root/cvsup

Edited the file as per instructions in the handbook A.5

Then tried
# cvsup -g -L 2 /root/cvsup/ports-supfile
The result was
cvsup command not found

Where do I go, and what do I try next? Must I put something into PATH to make
this work, or do I need to go to a specific directory to run cvsup?

Joost