Date:      Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:45:20 -0800
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: Release schedule for 2006

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 09:57 +0100, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> I've seen reports of a few people who had problems with
> 6.0, but personally I didn't have any, and I wouldn't
> want to go back.  In fact I can't think of a single
> reason why I wouldn't upgrade a FreeBSD machine to 6.x.

Well, there is _one_ reason.  I, too, have (almost) all of my machines
up to 6-stable, with the very notable exception of the one that runs
asterisk.  Unfortunately, last I looked, the zaptel drivers hadn't been
ported to 6.  I found this out the hard way when I upgraded and my VOIP
setup failed spectacularly.  I then downgraded back to 5.4 and have been
there ever since, siiigh.
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com     http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/