Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:14:23 +0000
From:      Robin Becker <robin@reportlab.com>
To:        David Rawling <djr@pdconsec.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: atom based servers

David Rawling wrote:

> Hi Brian
>
> Indeed, I have a FreeBSD 8.0RC1 system running as my primary time
> server for the home network. Since it's an Atom 330, it fully
> supports 64-bit mode (an opportunity I have grasped with both hands).

I have one of the Acer ION gadgets running at home and that also uses the Atom
330. I cannot find any nice way to reduce the power consumption though as the
330 doesn't seem to support speedstep and my cpu is always running at 68C. Does
your board provide any power control opportunity?

--
Robin Becker