Date:      Tue, 31 May 2011 12:51:42 +0200
From:      Cejka Rudolf <cejkar@fit.vutbr.cz>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org, FTP <ftp@halifax.rwth-aachen.de>
Subject:   Re: ftp-master.eu.FreeBSD.org switched from cvsup to rsync

Carsten Otto wrote (2011/05/31):
> Congratulations for this great advancement in technology! On our mirror

I'm not so sure :o) I see too many communication errors and timeouts
and I do not understand why :o/

> we now notice errors, though. Could you configure your rsyncd to not
> provide the temp files created by rsync?
>
> This would help us get less mails like this:
>
> rsync: send_files failed to open
> "/ports/amd64/packages-7-stable/All/.eclipse-vep-1.2_4,1.tbz.6i0ojk" (in
> FreeBSD): Permission denied (13)

Yes, I have added --temp-dir option. I hope that it should be sufficient.

Best regards.

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology