Date:      Tue, 29 Feb 2000 10:47:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      jason sonic <sonic_jtx@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dail up

hello, I am Jason.  I have just began running FreeBSD
4.0 current.  I am having trouble though making a
dialup connection to the internet.  I use an ISP.
Plus when I try to enter things like /etc/remote or
/dev/whatever it tells me permission is denied.  Can
you tell me why.  when I do all of this I am using my
root login.  And, on the installation it told me that
lynx would not be able to run properly on mine.  Isn't
there a Netscape Navigator that runs under unix?
Well, that you for your time and I would appreciate
any help you could give me.  thank you.  and if your
not sure how it would have to be done on 4.0, could
you tell at least how to get it done under 3.4?  thanks....jason(s0n1c)