Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 1995 10:20:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Capo <jc@irbs.com>
To:        dufault@hda.com (Peter Dufault)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com (freebsd-hackers)
Subject:   Re: Yellow Byte CD-Rom Request

Peter Dufault writes:

> Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage writes:

> > >Me too, just arrived.  It's addressed to my freefall account:
> > >joerg@freefall.cdrom.com, which i'm only occasionally providing as
> > >my address.
> >
> > FreeBSD FAQ contains all addresses, bot x@freefall and x@home
>
> No, I don't show up anywhere in the FAQ directory and it was sent
> to my freefall address.  Can't you use majordomo to get the people
> subscribed to the mailing lists?

Same here, I'm only in one source file and with a UUCP domain.  A
majordomo query of `who list-name' returns all of the subscribers
to list-name.  My domain is only in the cvs-all list.  Perhaps they
only spammed .com domains or people they were able to finger and
determine some commercial connection. As I recall, the mail started
with, "Your company is using international networks", or somesuch.

This was my first unsolicited junk email.  I guess I am lucky.

John Capo