Date:      Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:53:20 +0100
From:      Espen Tagestad <espent@totem.fix.no>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Palm or equalient supported by FreeBSD

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 12:41:56PM +0100, Hank Hampel wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> On (041104), Uwe Laverenz wrote:
> > > that support syncronizing with FreeBSD? I currently have a Palm Tungsten
> > > T, but I've given up trying to get it work under FreeBSD. I need
> > Our palms are connected via serial cable, not USB, is USB the reason
> > for your problems?
>
> Even USB connections shouldn't be a problem any more.
>
> I currently use a Zire21 with an USB cable to connect to my
> 4.10-stable system. I prefer using jpilot but this is merely advocacy.
>
> You just have to use the uvisor kernel module (kldload uvisor) which
> should automagically bring up the ucom module (if not just load this
> one too).
>
> I just checked the uvisor module and it seems to know something about
> Palms Tungsten T series as the following line suggests (taken from
> /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/uvisor.c line 220):
>         {{ USB_VENDOR_PALM, USB_PRODUCT_PALM_TUNGSTEN_T }, PALM4 },

I know this, the uvisor and ucom devices are compiled into the kernel.
But still, as I pointed out on my last mail, I get the following
message:

ucom0: Palm, Inc. Palm Handheld, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
ucom0: Palm, Inc. Palm Handheld, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
ucom0: init failed, TIMEOUT
device_probe_and_attach: ucom0 attach returned 6
uhub0: port 1, set config at addr 2 failed
uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1

I have reported this to the bug-database too, you can read the message
here:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bugs/2004-May/006731.html

Do you know when this was eventually fixed? I have a pretty updated
kernel, my uname -a reports:

FreeBSD lefse.aftenposten.no 4.10-STABLE FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE #1: Tue Nov
2 08:45:05 CET 2004     root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LEFSE  i386

regards,

Espen